Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Diablo III is (not) Here!

booooooo!
May 15! Diablo is here!

Sort of.

This morning, I got up and set my computer to downloading Diablo III files and installing them all so that when I got home from work this afternoon, I could put my things away, change clothes, and really give Diablo a whirl.

But no.

We are in the process of performing an emergency maintenance for Diablo III servers in the Americas to resolve several issues that are currently impacting the game. Thank you for your patience.

This is the result of that zealous Digital Rights Management (DRM) plan Blizzard is using. I want to play a solo campaign, using files I've downloaded onto my own computer that just doesn't need any updates from centralized server. And yet Blizzard feels the only way they can protect their property is for me to be connected 24/7.

So, yeah. My Diablo III experience is off to a great start.  Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment